Monday 6 October 2008

WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE WRITE A BOOK?

I’ve just finished a book called 'Brilliant Marketing' for Pearson.

42,000 words each scraped somewhat painfully from my brain.

I’ve had nightmares about Google, Nike, Apple and Bose who at various points appear in the book.

I’ve read more books and articles on marketing than most people read in a lifetime.

And all the time my enthusiasm for growing share and transforming markets has been performed to the tap-tap of the grim reaper nailing up the coffin of the global economy.

You try being upbeat when for incomprehensible reasons the world is going bust.

Marketing to some would seem a deckchair re-arranging occupation but is it?

Maybe, just maybe putting marketing rather than financial instruments at the centre of our lives might be a smart thing to do for the next generation.

It also happens to be something we are rather good at.

http://www.richardhall.biz

No comments: